Fitting a Hob with Butyl

 

Fitting a Hob with Butyl
Fitting a Hob with Butyl

Fitting a hob with Butyl due to not having the gasket to go with the used hob I have bought. Also, the hob was not perfectly straight and didn't sit flush with the worktop so I needed something that would stick it down tight. However, I didn't want to use glue just in case the hob needed to be removed. With Butyl, it will be possible to remove the hob if needed as the Butyl will not go hard but just remain tacky. It's worked really well....it was very tacky....and the hob feels nice and solid now. I was missing a clip for underneath so fashioned one out of an angle bracket. I applied to strips of Butyl and pinched them together before dropping in the hob. I had applied wax to the cut in the worktop and I'd already applied three coats of yacht varnish. After trimming the Butyl with a Stanley knife, I then applied another coat of varnish. My final task will be to lay a bead of brown silicone around the hob just to ensure it's completely water-tight. 

Watch me fitting a hob using Butyl in the video below and buy Butyl here.




No comments:

Post a Comment