Gold Spray Paint by Coatings Tor

Gold Spray Paint
Tor Costings is not paying me to say that their 'Quick Colour' gold spray paint is an excellent product with great coverage and realistic gold colour....but I'm saying it anyway because a good product deserves free promotion. It's so hard to find a good gold paint that covers well, doesn't go brown and is a nice gold. I tried another brand recently....two times the price and useless. This cupboard was a freebie so, with the cost of the paint, it's cost me £5. Not bad! It was a quick job too....a light sand, wipe out and spray. No undercoat used so it's a thin layer so you don't lose the details or the grain. I will have to be careful though or I'll spray my whole house gold....it's that good!





This vintage corner cupboard was a freebie given to me along with several other items of furniture. The spray paint 'Quick Colour' is excellent. I'm using spray paint on this cupboard because I want to be able to see the grain of wood and I want this to be a quick job. It was a very dark piece of furniture and nothing special so it's ok to be a bit daring with it.




I picked up this bamboo table for ten pounds from a charity shop. It had a brown glass top but I've made a replacement plywood top, which now needs painting. I have found that the best way to paint bamboo, wicker or furniture with lots of relief is to spray paint it. Use a good spray paint though or you can end up using several cans! I've used Quick Colour on Lloyd Loom bedside tables, a wicker chair and a mirror. It provides excellent coverage, doesn't go dull and doesn't scratch....not yet anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment